BREAKING NEWS: ‘Survivor’ Contestant Gerald Babin Dies, Season Canceled!

Posted on Mar 26 2013 - 3:54pm by Tracy

The production company and the network behind the popular reality show “Survivor”, the French edition called “Koh Lanta”, was forced to cancel the show after a contestant died during a challenge.

gerald-babin

The competition show was canceled last Friday after Gerald Babin died from a heart attack in Cambodia. The man fell ill on Friday during the first day’s filming on Koh Rong, off Cambodia’s southwestern coast.

The broadcaster said Babin had a medical examination during the show’s selection process, like other contestants.

According to Cambodian police there were no suspicious circumstances.

“There will be no further investigation because he died from a heart attack,” local deputy police chief Kol Phally said.

The remaining cast members were flown out of Cambodia to Paris a few hours later.

Channel TF1 and Adventure Line Productions released a statement saying they are “devastated” the Babin’s death.


AROUND THE WEB



About the Author

4 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.

  1. Crunkatlanta March 27, 2013 at 1:46 am -

    dang

  2. Crazy scene March 26, 2013 at 9:32 pm -

    Man that show aint worth spit.

  3. Ritch Blackman March 26, 2013 at 7:32 pm -

    Damn…that’s not good…- UnsungHipHop

  4. Crunkatlanta March 26, 2013 at 4:47 pm -

    that show was doomed from the beginning… The Amazing Race is next..